When the time to schedule a dental exam rolls around every six months, how do you feel? Happy? Anxious? Annoyed? We’re hoping to help that exam feel like a positive occasion. By learning a little bit more about what happens during exams, you’ll be looking forward to receiving preventive dental care.
Denver general dentistry offers patients the kind of care that they feel good about. If you’re looking for an exam, our doors are open – just schedule an appointment online. We can’t wait to meet you!
Steps of a Dental Exam
• X-rays – We don’t take x-rays at every exam, to help limit your exposure to radiation. But these images are an invaluable tool. The naked eye just can’t spot every flaw, and cavities between teeth or other obscured spots go unnoticed. With the help of x-rays, we can know exactly what’s going on in your mouth and plan for the future.
• Examination – Your hygienist will visually examine your mouth and look for signs of cavities, gingivitis, oral cancer, and other potential problems. Dr. Robin and our team will also have a discussion with you about your oral hygiene, and suggestions/product recommendations that might help.
• Scaling – Scaling removes plaque and tartar from your tooth surfaces. This helps reset your teeth and gives you a better chance of avoiding caries. While scaling might stress some patients out, there’s no reason to worry – you shouldn’t experience any discomfort while we clean your teeth.
• Polishing – Polishing your enamel helps remove stains, brighten your smile, and add shine.
• Fluoride/sealants (optional) – Depending on your teeth, we might recommend some more advanced preventive measures. Applying fluoride to your teeth helps remineralize your enamel and strengthen your defensive layer. Sealants protect back teeth that might succumb to decay. Just let us know if you think you might benefit from these options.
Is it time for your next exam? Arrange it today!